Entertainment is must in this busy lifestyle where everyone is rushing towards their job. With times accessing your favorite fun-loving movies and shows become easy. We are here presenting one such way of getting yourself entertained. This article is focused on how to add kodi on Roku or how to download kodi on Roku or how to get kodi on Roku. We feel that before digging into the topic, we should have a short introduction about Roku.
Roku is the media streaming player that connects you with the recent release in the entertainment world. You must have remembered the time where TV antennas were there, which are later replaced by cable connections for watching various entertainment channels on TV. Now it is easy to watch a movie next day of its release with the help of internet. Roku is one of those devices that runs on the fuel of internet, which keeps you updated with your entertainment stuff. It is just like the setup box.
Roku gives the access to popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video and a lot more. You need to have a Roku device attached to your smart TV having an inbuilt computability with it. It is possible to pull together kodi on Roku so that we could enjoy the height of best entertainment channels and stream any media over there. In the rest of this page, you are going to read about kodi for Roku and find out the answer to the questions that usually comes to your mind like can kodi be installed on Roku, kodi on Roku TV, how to get kodi on Roku and ultimately going to clear the facts about download kodi on Roku.
So let’s get started to know everything about kodi on Roku different OS and kodi on Roku TV.
Kodi on Roku
Kodi is the application software, that acts as a media player and seeks the support of the operating system. The kid works well on application based on C or C++ programming languages. Kodi has the ability to work on OS like android, windows, iOS and others like Linux. However, this is not a case with Roku as it runs on its own operating system. So the clear and straight answer to can kodi is installed on Roku is no. Even jailbreak Roku is not the fine solution. But this is not the end, there are ways to add kodi to Roku.
To watch your contents of kodi on Roku TV, the best possible remedy is to make use of the screen mirroring technique. Screen mirroring is based on the Miracast screen mirroring protocol mechanism. In simple words to watch kodi on Roku, we have to mirror the kodi on Roku. Mirroring will let it happen without any kodi app for Roku.
How to install kodi on Roku
As already mentioned previously that kodi on Roku is possible via screen mirroring. Kodi supports various operating system mainly android and windows. Roku works on Linux. Below is the one by one guide on how to put kodi on Roku with the help of enabling screen mirroring for android and windows system.
How To Enable Screen Mirroring On Roku
For kodi on Roku, the very first thing which we need to do is enable the screen mirroring option on your compatible Roku device. Here is how to do it.
- You have a Roku remote in your hand and press the “home” button.
- Search settings and go to the option of the system.
- Select “Screen mirroring”.
- There will appear many options like Prompt, always allow or never allow.
- It is suggested to choose the option of “always allow” as it resolves our purpose well.
We have done with configuring the option of screen mirroring in Roku from android and windows devices. Now if you have successfully enabled the option of screen mirroring on your Roku device, the next is to install kodi for Roku and set up screen mirroring on android and windows. See how –
Screen Mirroring For Android
You can visit Google play store for installing the kodi app on Roku. Below are the steps that comprehend what you need to do.
- Go to the Google play store pre-installed on your android device say your phone or a tablet.
- Search for the kodi in the search bar.
- You will see the diamond shape blue logo in the results, tap on it to start the installation. It will ask for the access to your device and media, accept it and continue with installing kodi on your android device.
- You will see the installation then begin showing the progress. It may take a little while depending on your network connection and speed. It is the lightweight android application of around 90 MB.
- Once it will install, an app icon will auto-created on your device home screen.
- You have now kodi on your android device say your android phone.
- Readers should have noted here that there are different android device manufacturers so they name differently for screen mirroring function in those devices. Smart view, wireless display, display mirroring, screencasting or cast, quick connect are some of the common names that majorly used for screen mirroring option.
- Rest of the steps for enabling screen mirroring option is based on a common android device. This may vary a little bit with different devices but the steps remain the same.
- Now, for enabling screen mirroring on your android device you need to go to the settings of your device.
- Go to display settings.
- Out of many options like wallpaper, font size, screen save etc., you will the one “cast” option.
- Entering into the cast option, you will explore the list of compatible devices for screen mirroring. If your Roku device is compatible with Android, it will also be shown there as already you have enabled the screen mirroring from Roku device before proceeding.
As you see that enabling screen mirroring and synchronizing it with your Android device is quite easy and simple to do in few steps.z
Similarly, you can also enable screen mirroring for your windows device as well.
Screen Mirroring For Windows
Windows is the another popular and widely used operating system for decades. To enjoy kodi on Roku with windows read the below steps to get the idea about it.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection.
- For download kodi on Roku for windows, visit the official page of kodi TV.
- You will see the blue download button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to the middle of the window that will show you up to different OS. You have to select your one to install kodi on Roku. Since we are talking about windows, we will go for windows here.
- Choose the kodi installer.
- As and when you click on the installer, downloading starts. The download process may take up some time which may be otherwise faster if you have a speedy internet connection.
- Locate the file with name kodi or such similar name under the download files of your system.
- Open the file.
- To complete the installation, tap “I agree” and continue to press “Next” till you will get the option of “Finish”.
- After finishing the installation, kodi can be accessed from the start menu or directly from searching in the search bar.
- This was about the installation of kodi on your windows system. Now in the second half, we will learn to enable screen mirroring for windows for kodi on Roku.
- Explore the control center of your Windows PC or laptop.
- Select project option.
- There appears a screen showing options like PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend and the Second screen only.
- Select the required display as per your Roku device and follow the instructions.
- At last, you need to re-open the control center to select the Roku display to end up with the mirrored
This is all about the installation of kodi on Roku by way of screen mirroring.
We like to catch the reader’s attention over certain issues involved in getting kodi on Roku. Kodi streams videos and music using torrent links and files which is an illegal task. Kodi can be easily installed on android, windows, iOS and other platforms. Although, use of VPN may reduce the risk of using Kodi app for Roku. Use of VPN will protect your IP address to visible others. Also, kodi requires add-ons to stream the media content and many of the add-ons have expired it. There are also other options also like Chromecast. Kodi on Roku does not require to jailbreak Roku in order to watch your favorite channels. Using Roku is completely legal and official to use.
As you see this post covers the hot topic of kodi on Roku. We have designed this post to impart the complete details of kodi on Roku and how to install kodi on Roku to our readers. Kodi and Roku is the two different media streaming software which is possible to bring both of them at one place with the help of mirror screening technique. The article is descriptive enough to get the answer to the questions like can kodi be installed on Roku or how to add kodi on Roku or how to download kodi or Roku and many other like questions.
Rest assured, the above-guided option of screen mirroring would make it feasible to access kodi on Roku. We hope that readers on this page would have enjoyed the kodi app on Roku. If you have still come across with any problem in executing the above steps or any question strike in your mind, do not hesitate to let us know. You can put your comment in the below box for any suggestions or feedback.