Welcome to our new article that will tell you how to stream Kodi on Chromecast. We are living in a smart era where smartness is not limited to humans but gadgets are getting smart. In this chain, we all witness the makeover of televisions. Smart TV enables the online integration with popular entertainment apps like Netflix. Kodi and Chromecast both are the video streaming devices using which you can dive into the ocean of entertainment.
It would be sound amazing if you will get the combo package of Kodi and Chromecast. It is possible. You can install Kodi on Chromecast and can stream Kodi to Chromecast. Kodi Chromecast makes a good pair to stream live video contents along with accessing various apps like Netflix and Amazon.
How To Stream Kodi On Chromecast Using Android
There are two ways to stream Kodi on Chromecast connected to android phone or tablet. One is the long way for Kodi to Chromecast, which is the power saving method and other is the short way to cast Kodi to Chromecast but that can be a battery eater for your android device. Check out both the ways to stream Kodi on Chromecast.
- First, you need to download four things. One is ES file explorer, the second is Kodi, third is Localcast and XML file PlayFactoryCore.
- Open the ES file explorer.
- Open settings there.
- Go to display settings and check if “Show hidden files” option is ticked or not. If not ticked, tick it.
- Check your Kodi for android phone is connected to the Kodi app.
- Again go to the ES file explorer and go to the downloads.
- In the download section of ES file explorer, you will see the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file that you have downloaded in the first step. (If you cannot see the file, check the location where the downloads save)
- Copy the “PlayerFactoryCore.XML” file.
- Go to android folder > data and look for the Kodi file in format “org.xbmc.kodi” or “org.xbmc.xbmc”.
- Open and go to files > .kodi > userdata and paste here the copied text.
- Open Kodi streaming app and select the video content you like to watch.
- Kodi will launch LocalCast. You will get the option of choosing the casting app.
- When it launches, Press “Play”. When you will press “Play” it will ask you which device you would like to stream.
- Again click “Play”.
Finally, Kodi on Chromecast is ready to stream. You can now enjoy the combo of Kodi Chromecast android.
Method two is the short method but it will take a significant portion of your battery power. See how you can stream Kodi to Chromecast with this method.
- Open Chromecast on your android phone or tab.
- Go to the menu, pick “cast screen/audio”.
- Follow the instructions on your screen that will lead you to connect Chromecast android.
- Open Kodi for android phone.
- Choose the video you like to watch and tap on the “Play” button.
You are now able to stream Kodi on Chromecast. While playing and streaming media content from Kodi to Chromecast, you need to keep your screen on. You cannot answer your calls while streaming Kodi to Chromecast in this method.
Kodi Chromecast is amazing video streaming media centers. They can be connected to your smart TV via HDMI port. Kodi has add-ons for various purposes like watching movie or TV show. The streaming method of Kodi to Chromecast via LocalCast is quite lengthy but easy with the step by step implementation. While installing Kodi on Chromecast, you need to ensure that both of your Kodi and Chormecast is connected with the active internet connection. Chromecast is one of the best media streaming device available on the market. With the help of this article, you can now stream Kodi on Chromecast.
For further queries or issues, please get in touch with us so that to assist you properly with it.