Kodi has become a popular name in the media streaming world. No doubt that Kodi is the best place to bring all the media content in one place. On the other hand, Apple TV is popular among the group of people who love to watch their favorite media content in HD quality. We wonder that what if these two amazing platforms can pull together. To check this, we have stated the best possible ways to install Kodi on Apple TV.
- how To Install Kodi On Apple TV?
- How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
- How to install Kodi on Apple TV 3
There are four generations of the Apple TV, but we are suggesting the Kodi Apple TV installation for Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 3.This article is self-explanatory on how to install Kodi on Apple TV, how to install Kodi on Apple TV 4, install Kodi on Apple TV 3.In this post, you will find the steps to install Kodi on Apple TV guided in a very organized way. Kodi has considered best in the sense that it supports almost all the devices.
how To Install Kodi On Apple TV?
You will be able to use Kodi add-ons on it to make the best out of it by installing Kodi on Apple TV. Kodi Apple TV works best over the internet that will let its users stream contents from various sources like YouTube, Netflix or even from the local cable operator.
How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
The latest version of Apple TV is its generation fourth. The combination of Kodi and Apple TV will give the splendid experience of streaming media contents. Kodi cannot be downloaded directly from the app store as if now there is no availability of Kodi app there. But this doesn’t mean that you would not be able to install Kodi on Apple TV.Here we have mentioned three different methods to install Kodi on Apple TV 4.Continue to read for the detail installation guide at your service.
Method 1: How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4(using Xcode method)
Xcode method is the very easy and simple method to install Kodi on Apple TV 4. It is to be noted that this method is used only to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 and it would not work for other generations of Apple TV.
See the detailed steps to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 using Xcode method:
- Before starting the installation of Kodi, ensure that you have the latest version of the Xcode app, Kodi Apple file from the official Kodi website, iOS app signer and USB C to USB A cable for connecting Mac PC and Apple TV.
- After checking and ensuring these four requirements, the first thing you need to do is to connect your Apple TV and Mac PC using the cable mentioned aforesaid.
- Download and install the Xcode app from the app store.
- Open the Xcode app.
- Select the option of “Create a new Xcode Project”.
- You will see the option of “Application” at the top left side, tap on it.
- There appear the various application options to choose from, Select the “Single view application”.
- Then press “next”.
- You will be taken to another window showing a form to fill for creating an app. The form will contain fields like Product name, organization name, identifier, language, and After filling all the details go to next.
- At this stage, you need to select the location for the Git Repository. Do that and tap “create” button.
- There will appear a routine error message. Click “Fix issue” and tap on “Add button”.
- On your home screen tab, you will see a message written as “to fix this issue, select a development team for provisioning”. Choose any one.
- Moving ahead, open the App signer and input the Kodi file that has already downloaded by you.
- Here you will see some technical process where signing certificate will be filled by the Apple ID. You need to select the provisioning profile and click on the “start”. App signer then creates an IPA
- Go back to the Xcode app and enter into “window” and “device” respectively.
- From the available list of devices, select your Apple TV.
- On the screen, you will see the two signs + and -. You need to click on the plus sign and then IPA file.
- Finally, Xcode will install Kodi on Apple TV 4.
This was all about how to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 with the help of Xcode app. If you are not comfortable with this method or found it a cumbersome task, then you are open with two more methods listed below. See them also.
Method 2: How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4 (using Cydia impactor)
The best part of using this method to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 that it would not require the jailbreak of your Apple TV. This is yet another simple method to get Kodi on Apple TV. Let’s see what it would require you to do.
- To begin with, you need to download and install Cydia impactor on Mac PC.
- Next, you need to connect Mac PC to Apple TV. This can be done with the help of USB C to USB A cable.
- Now open your Cydia impactor, downloaded in the very first step.
- Before proceeding, download the Kodi IPA file for your Apple TV 4. The best way is to visit the Kodi website.
- Open the IPA file in the Cydia impactor and choose the Apple TV device from the displayed list.
- You need to log in to Cydia impactor. Use your Apple ID for this.
- Kodi will start installing with the help of Kodi IPA file.
- At last, browse the destination path and Tap finally on “extract” button.
That’s it, you can successfully install Kodi Apple TV 4 and can enjoy the combo of Kodi and Apple TV 4.
Method 3: How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4 (OSMC)
This is again a simple and quick method to install Kodi on Apple TV.Have a look how :
- The process of installing Kodi on Apple TV begins with downloading OSMC software for your Mac PC.
- After downloading, open the OSMC.
- Choose the location where you have to install the file. We are taking SD card to store the app.
- When you open the OSMC app, you need to choose the version and language to move ahead.
- Then it will ask for the location where to install OSMC. Choose your preferred location.
- Set up the internet connection choosing one option out of wired connection or wireless connection.
- Click on “next” after accepting the terms and conditions.
So after the installation is done then you can enjoy Kodi on Apple TV 4 and have the fun of unlimited online media contents on your Apple TV.
How to install Kodi on Apple TV 3
The clear fact about the Kodi on Apple TV3 is that it cannot be installed on Apple TV 3. Although there are certain ways with the help of which you can enjoy Kodi Apple TV third generation. Following are the three ways to install Kodi Apple TV 3 on three devices based on the varied operating system.
Method 1: Kodi on Apple TV 3 (using Mac)
In this way of installing Kodi on Apple TV, you need to download and install Kodi. This can be easily done in one tap from visiting its official website. For the convenience of our readers, we are putting the direct link to the official Kodi website. Once Kodi has been downloaded, you can mirror the screen to Apple TV 3 and start streaming Kodi on Apple TV.
Users might face difficulty in mirroring screen Kodi with Apple TV 3, to resolve it another sideway is the AirParrot. At present this is only what you can do to install Kodi on Apple TV 3.
Method 2: Kodi on Apple TV 3 (using Windows PC)
To install Kodi on Apple TV 3 using windows PC device is also a simple and straight task. The process starts with installing AirParrot on your Windows PC. On right clicking on the AirParrot icon, choose Apple TV 3. Your windows PC and Apple TV will connect. Downloading and installing Kodi is then the only thing then you need to do for enjoying the experience of Kodi on Apple TV 3.
Method 3: Kodi on Apple TV 3 (using Android device)
Kodi on Apple TV can be installed using Android device. There are few simple steps.
- Go to play store
- Download “Kodi”
- Then download “Mirroring360 app”
- And cast the screen to start using Kodi.
But keep in mind this fact clear that this can be done only on the rooted android device. If your Android device is already rooted, then we suggest going for this step otherwise you may have thought for a minute before proceeding with this way.
We have covered only generation 3 and 4 of Apple TV, to install Kodi on Apple TV since these are the latest ones. We hope that the steps mentioned aforesaid are clear to you and you enjoyed the fun of having Kodi on Apple TV.
If you still have anything on your mind to know from us upon the above topic of how to install Kodi on Apple TV 4 or how to install Kodi on Apple TV 3, then do not hesitate to use the below comment box. We love to hear from you.Improvement is the key to success, so we are inviting suggestions and feedback from our readers that guide us towards the betterment of our efforts for you. If you really find this informative stuff on installing Kodi on Apple TV useful, then take time to share this further.