Kodi must be the familiar name among the entertainment lovers who like to stream various media content around the internet. After Kodi android TV, Kodi for Android makes it possible to stream media to the android phones, tablets or TVs. Kodi on Android is the excellent media center that streams media content for its users. It is the open source media that can be installed on multiple operating systems. You can play your audio, video and other online contents with Kodi in any format. Kodi download for android is the best-customized app of its type and 17.6 downloads apk is the newest version of Kodi. It works with add-ons. There are many official and unofficial add-ons available for the Kodi TV and Kodi android. Its free download has been made available by XBMC foundation.
Kodi is the entertainment hub that will provide every entertaining stuff at one place. Kodi captures videos, audios, photos, podcasts, music and much more from all the sources like your device hard drive, external disc, internet and also from the local network. No doubt that Kodi on Android has an amazing graphical user interface that stimulates you to move towards it.
We have written this article for the Kodi android users to aware them how to use Kodi on android or how to install Kodi on android. Apart from that, we will also let you know how to update Kodi on the android box.
How to Install Kodi On Android Smartphone.
To download Kodi for android you will have to options. In the first place you may install Kodi on Android from the official Google play store and alternatively, you may visit the official website of Kodi. Both the methods are readily available to the users. To make it even more easy for our readers, we have set the direct link on this page to get Kodi for android.
Method 1: Google Play Store
To be secure from piracy contents and misguiding apps, it is always best to use the official sources. Similarly, for Kodi download for android here is the below steps that will answer your question how to install Kodi.
- Go either to the Google play store which is already installed on your android phone or tablet device or tap on the below download button.
- Click on the search bar.
- A keyboard will appear on your screen.
- Start typing “Kodi”.
- Then tap on search icon or text on your keyboard.
- There will appear blue color “Kodi” icon your screen, with the green color “Install” button.
- Tap on the “install” button.
- Wait till the installation done. Once the installation completes, Kodi app icon will auto-created on your Android device home screen.
Reader’s should pay attention here to the fact that Kodi on Android, does not have its own content but will gather it from other sources and stream it on your device. You may also access content from the third party sources available on the official website of the content provider. There are various add-ons available for Kodi. In other words, users need to provide their own contents to stream with Kodi for Android and on Kodi android TV.
Method 2: Official Source
If for any reason you are not able to download Kodi on Android from the play store, you may directly get Kodi on the android box from its official Kodi website. See how –
- Visit (Official link) (https://kodi.tv/download)
- When you click on the above link, there opens a window in your browser displaying various options.
- Check for the blue “Download” button at the top right corner of the window.
- Click on it and scroll down the page.
- You will see various platforms for which Kodi is available.
- Choose an Android
- You will see to download the latest version of Kodi v17.6 “Krypton” along with the option of choosing bits.
- Select your option and Kodi 17.6 “Krypton” apk download will start.
- Open the downloaded Kodi apk file.
- When you open the file, you will be asked for to choose from the two options “Package installer” or “Scan for viruses”.
- You will observe the option of “install” upon completing the above action.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- It’s done!
This is how you can install Kodi on Android via its official website. For the very first time, Kodi on Android may take slight time to boost up after that it will start absolutely normally. So after successful Kodi download for android, you will be ready to get started with the Kodi menu.
How to Update Kodi On Android Box
Only installing Kodi for Android is not enough. It is also very important to update it time to time. Using the outdated version of the app is of no use unless it is updated. To update Kodi for android, there are again two ways to do that. Read the below steps to keep your Kodi android TV and Kodi for Android updated.
Method 1: Update From Google Play Store
The best way to update the application downloaded from Google play store is to keep it in auto update mode. It is very simple to that as describe below –
- Go to the settings of your android device.
- Check-in for the “Auto-update apps”.
- There will further appear two options in front of you. One is “Auto-update apps at any time” and second is “Auto update app over Wi-Fi only”. Choose either of the two as per your preference.
If you do not want to go with auto update option to update your Kodi app on Android, you may also update your Kodi android app from Google play store. Enter into the Google play store and check the list of “My apps and games” and check for the update for Kodi if any. Tap on update button if you find the latest update for Kodi for Android on the Google play store.
Method 2: Updating APK File
To update the apk file for Kodi, you need to begin with the uninstallation of older Kodi version. Now instead of reiterating the steps to install Kodi on android again, we would like to redirect you towards the Method 2 mentioned above for downloading Kodi for Android from the official source. The link is already stated above on the official website of Kodi.
Features of Kodi for Android
Spend few more minutes on this page to check out the amazing features which you are going to enjoy on by Kodi download for android.
- Does not have its own contents but streams from the other sources.
- Award-winning open source platform for media streaming.
- Does not supply any media content of its own.
- Kodi update is only available for the official version.
- Works best with its add-ons.
- Not only available for android but support iOS, Mac, windows, and other platforms as well.
We hope that you will get answers to your questions like how to use Kodi on android, how to install Kodi on Android and how to update Kodi on the android box. Kodi free download will make you enjoy and stream your favorite media content from various online sources on your android box. Kodi can stream with apps like Netflix and YouTube even it can show you the contents fetch from the local network.
The smartphone can be seen on every hand but what makes it really smart is the selection of app to download. Kodi for android and Kodi android TV is the best app for our readers who love to watch videos and media content sitting at their home with all relaxation. Kodi on android is very easy to download as we have mentioned the methods to download Kodi for android. You can install Kodi on Android quickly and with no cost. Kodi download for android is possible with the above-mentioned methods. You may find a misleading and false way from other sites but we suggest you to always trust on the official source.
We hope that our article upon Kodi on android will resolve all your issues regarding how to install Kodi on android. For further queries or issues, please get in touch with us so that to assist you properly with it.